Since a few people have asked here is the start of MANY posts to come of our adventures in Europe. Be patient I am feeling a little overwhelmed with everything so I will get to it when I can.
So we left for our "sisters" trip on a Thursday the 29th of April in the afternoon from 3 different states and barely made it to Minneapolis to all fly together to London. Well I had a 4 hour layover waiting for them and the rest of them were all delayed and got there just in time to board the plane. This is Cherlyn and I getting ready to try and sleep (ya right) on the plane. I know you are jealous of our masks!
We made it to England!!! (except for Cherlyn's luggage) It was a long flight but so worth it. So the adventure begin.
1. Trying to make a phone call on a payphone with a hand full of change not sure what is euros and what is pounds! It was quite comical finally some man came over and gave us his change and helped us out.
2. Asking people how and what bus we take, no one seemed to have an answer.
3. 3 buses later 1 that was the same number but only took us all around the airport so we had an extra 45min detour.
4. FINALLY getting on the right bus and looking at the map mom sent us and NOT finding any street names thinking we were on the wrong bus again. After over an hour we asked someone and they looked at us like we were crazy. ( the picture above was the right number, but wrong bus)
5. Seeing the name of the stop we needed... PRICELESS!!! We cheered and could not wait to get off the bus. We had been traveling since Thursday early afternoon and made it Friday at 4pm. On this bus ride we did get to see all the kids getting on after school and they really dress and look like Harry Potter kids.
We meet mom and dad at the bus station and took a short walk to there flat had some home cooking from mom and took a nice walk along the river near there apartments.
Our first pastry in the center of downtown Kingston that they have a farmers market at on Saturday's.
Mom standing outside All Saints church. There has been a church on this site for over 100 years and during the 10th century it was the site for the coronation of the Kings of England.
Pretty much what Jeanette did any chance she could get.
Some random store signs that I thought were funny!









1 comment:
I can imagine how frustrating it would be not to be familiar with money and buses, etc. in another country. It sounds like you did ok!
I'm so glad you all had a great trip and a wonderful time!
Post a Comment