Monday, July 26, 2010

Brooklyn

Just a few things about Brooklyn that I have been meaning to mention. At her 18 month check up she weighed 24lbs. 1 oz (50%), was 31 1/2 in tall (50%), and her head was 44 1/2cm (10%). So she is the right proportion for her height and weight just inherited her daddy's small head. 
The doctor asked if she knew 15-20 words and was starting to put words together, I thought no way. She then asked me to name off the words she knows and to my surprise new more than 20 words, she just chooses when to say them. She had only once put 2 words together but the doctor said her fine motor skills were more advanced so she was not worried about her speech. That's a relief since almost all of the nieces and nephews have needed some sort of speech. I have to not compare her to Garrett being 3 months apart at this age is a big difference. His vocabulary is much more advanced. Now that she is 20 months she talks a lot more now and is started to repeat and put words together. It is so much fun watching things start to click in that little brain. 

Her new favorite thing is coloring.
I think it is so cute that she lays down to color. She loves to read books, especially If you give a Mouse a Cookie. Who knew finding a little mouse on the page would be so much fun. She loves to talk on the old cell phones. She is full of personality and many facial expressions. At night I sing to her and she sings with me it is the cutest thing that melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes every time. In our family prayers at night she folds her arm bows her head and sometimes tries to repeat what I am saying, but just shakes her head up and down at Amen. Someday saying amen will click.
Our yard has lots of green bushes and I was telling Danny I wanted some color being a little envious of our neighbors flowers and to my surprise our green bushes started blooming.
I was so excited.
I planted a mini garden this year to see how it would grow before building planter boxes. Brooklyn was helping me weed around it and pulled off one of the tomatoes and decided to eat it, Green and all
I asked her if it was good she said no, but still kept eating it. She has her no's mixed up that is her answer for anything even if she wants something. I am working on that too. Ever since her rash she says Owie for everything too.
Daddy came home from his workout and thought he didn't have enough workout and pushed B around in her shopping cart (that I picked up at the second hand store for $5 love deals)
She has a great cheesy smile that makes me laugh and smile back. We are so blessed to have her in our family. She has a temper and can be quite difficult sometimes, but that is minimal compared to the joy that she brings to us and others around her. She is quite lovable and I love her bear hugs. We are taking a Boogie Babies class through the parks and rec dept. it is quite fun to see her dance around something she loves to do. Parenthood has its challenges, but could you imagine your life without these sweet spirits? No way I am so glad for the opportunity to raise mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made Nana cry. Thank you for sharing all those details. I love you. Mom

Gramma Linda said...

Of course, B is awesome in every way. Do I see artist in her future? Danny's coloring looked good too! What a good dad to come home from working out and then play with his daughter!