This day seemed so far away and here it is. Brooklyn Rose is 2 months old. She had here 2 month check up today and got to experience 3 shots and 1 oral vaccination. This was a bit traumatizing for us all. Danny held her arms and I sat and watched the nurse stick those huge needles deep in he thigh muscles. Ouch! She turned deep red and held her breath. It was so sad. then she screamed. I took her and tried to nurse her to calm her down, she just kept
whimpering and trying to catch her breath. It was heartbreaking. I just wanted to hold her and take the pain away. Besides that traumatic part of the visit the first half was good, she is in the 25% in height and weight. She weighed in at 9lbs 13ozs and was 22 3/4 in long. So I guess she is our skinny girl,thats ok she is darn cute! She slept on the way home adn we kept her in the carseat until she woke up about 4 hours later( which was much needed since she slept all of 1 hour the day before). She was quite mad when she woke up, gave her some Tylenol and feed her. I think she doesn't feel very good, but has managed to give us a few smiles. So glad that is over.
Now we are getting packed and ready to head to SUNNY,WARM California for a long weekend. So excited to see the family and celebrate Randy graduating and becoming an official Firefighter. It has been a long time coming and we are extremely proud of him. Brooklyn is in for a treat meeting all her Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Great Grandparents and friends.

Saturday 1/24/09 2 month birthday pictures

She loves her hands always wants to suck on her fists


So you think she might have her Daddy's eyelashes. She makes me jealous!

She likes to sleep in her swing, Danny swaddles herup and she sleeps great.
4 comments:
So cute!!! I want to see her now...hurry up and get already!:)
That is so sad! Kai refuses to come with me at all when the kids get shots.
I remember the first time CAmbria got her shots. I cried as much as she did. I have since taken to giving my children tylenol 10-15 minutes before the even get the vaccination so that it can kick in sooner.
I can't believe she is 2 months old already/ Time sure flies. I wish I was going to be in CA. to meet little B. Have fun!
There is nothing worse and more heart breaking than having to see your child go through that.....however, we o it will help keep them well. We've unfortunately had to go through many doctors and it never get's easier.
9 lbs. 22 inches was what Collin weighed when he was born...crazy hu?
I hope we get to see you guy's at Randy's graduation, Erik is still trying to get the day off but it's not looking so good. Have a safe drive.
Hi Danny and Shanny,
2 months old?? Where does the time go?
Sorry we missed seeing you this time. Next time for sure!
Love ya lots,
Gordy and Linda
Post a Comment