Saturday, November 20, 2010

Potty Training


Crazy I know I started Potty Training a week before we left on a 5-6 hr rode trip to Oregon, not the best decision. We survived though made it all the way there with dry panties!! At one point we pulled over on the side of the rode adn pulled out the potty chair, but it was 20 degrees and Brooklyn decided she did not need to go that bad. I don't blame her I think my pee would have froze while trying to come out. It was an hour before the next rest stop and she held it. So proud.
Don't let me fool you it has definitely been a struggle. My friend emailed me a 3 day potty training e -book and it suggested starting as early as 21 months the sooner the better. We were almost out of diapers and I said spend $50 on more or give this a try. so we went for it. It was a rough 3-4 days. You pretty much stay home and follow her around the house asking them to tell you when they need to go and picking up after her accidents. The first day we went through @ 18 panties and washed laundry all day. It got better nad seemed to click a bit more by the 3rd day.
We for the most part have been trying not to use pull ups, for cost and she know if I have one of those on it doen't mess though my pants so I am good to tinkle a bit and try to get away with it. She did great in the beginning telling us when she needs to go but has now decided it is not that important to tell us everytime. We struggle don pooping but have gotten much better with that just wokring on the pee pee again. It is a daily task I wonder sometimes if I started to early, am I making her grow up to fast, am I making our life miserable when we get upset with accidents and always having to take her to the potty, the list goes on and on. Lets face it diapers are gross to change but so much easier on the parents. So far we have our ups and downs but sticking to it.

No comments: