Brooklyn and her daddy having a little fun!
I was trying to get a picture to use for father's day, but it was a last minute idea, oh well!
Cleaning up after finger painting a gift for daddy. She wasn't quite sure at first, but got into once it was OK to be messy with the paint.
For Father's Day weekend we got to have a little time to ourselves while B was at Ricky and Steph' house for a sleepover. We were supposed to get caught up on work and instead we played a little, went shopping, ran errands, most of all enjoyed being able to do what we wanted without battling a toddler and working the day around naptime. Thank you Ricky and Stephanie for the time off, it came at just the right time. Mommy needed a break. Danny got to golf and we went to the Wheeler's for a great dinner.
I guess Brooklyn and her daddy were having a little fun with the camera.
My turn
Brooklyn was so excited to make, wrap and give her daddy his present. She helped him and was excited to show him her handprint.
Deciding where to hang it on the wall. This is what it said -
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small
I thought this was appropriate since earlier this month I purchased Mr. Clean magic erasers to clean marks on the wall from little missy that daddy kept pointing out.
Brooklyn and I could not have asked for a better daddy. He is a great father to Brooklyn, helps me with learning patience and works really hard so that I can stay at home and be a mommy to B. Although at times I am jealous of their daddy daughter relationship since he seems to get to just play with her more rather than discipline, daddy is so much more fun. I hope Brooklyn grows up to have an amazing relationship with her daddy. Thank you Danny for being a supportive, fun, encouraging and loving daddy to Brooklyn, she loves her daddy.
I am not extremely close with my dad, but I know when he calls me sweetheart and gives me a big hug I melt, I miss talking to my dad since he has lost his hearing it is harder to communicate with him, but I am working on emailing or writing more often so that he knows I am thinking of him. I am grateful that I have my father in my life and for his example of hard work, patience and dedication to everything he does. Thank you dad for always having a good listening ear.
2 more days!!
10 years ago









1 comment:
Very nicely said. I'm grateful Danny has turned into a loving father that B will always appreciate. Love Mom
Post a Comment