Our Little Turkey! Thanks Claudia for the cute outfit we got it when we got home from the hospital
Now that Danny is back at work I guess it is my turn to update the blog, although I think he does a better job. The command station he had going on at the hospital with the labtop and the phones was quite the opertation, even the doctor was impressed. I have a short window before Brooklyn wakes up to post. I have some new pictures, but won't have time to put those up tonight perhaps tommorrow.
This past Thanksgiving was really nice, mom made her famous homemade rolls so yummy! Danny and I stayed home while my parents went to dinner at Richards. Ricky brought over some yummy dinner and we enjoyed just being a new family together. Danny and I were telling each other things we were thankful for and both ended up in tears looking at out new daughter, thinking we have cried more in the past two days than she has!
The whole motherhood thing is crazy the birthing alone, wow no ones tells you about that, now I know why! It is hard to believe I am a mom. All though I have been a bit emotional lately, pretty much do to lack of sleep and difficulty breastfeeding, I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom and have a family. When I look at her it somehow makes it all worth it.
This holiday season is a special one it has helped me to think of the many great things I have and to be so grateful for them. Danny is amazing, if I did not have his support I could not have done this without him. I am very fortunate to have him at home working and that he cares so much about how to take care of me and Brooklyn. He is with me every step of the way, sometimes a few steps ahead. Our families and friends have been great checking up on us to see how things are and what they can do to help. Thank you everyone for all your love and support, it had been greatly appreciated. We are very fortunate to be loved by so many people and now Brooklyn gets to be a part of that, couldn't ask for anything better.









8 comments:
Such a sweet little baby! Shan, you look gorgeous! Motherhood agrees with you! Don't give up on the breastfeeding- it will eventually get easier. Love you guys, and thanks for the updates!
Love Aunt Jen
Holy cow, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Parry and I just got home at 1am today, and was so excited to check your blog! Brooklyn is SO gorgeous! I can't wait to see those scrumptious little cheeks in person!
Big hugs from the Ipsens!
That comment above should read: Angie and Parry. Computers hate me.
Shantel, I am so happy for you guys. If it makes you feel better I cry everytime I read your blog! There is something so precious about being new parents and having your very own miracle! If you need any info to help you with your breastfeeding journey let me know. I have tons of information I can e-mail you. Like Jen said, Don't give up, it gets easier and it is so rewarding.
aww i love her shes so cute!
Shan,
She is so beautiful and you look so happy too. I love the photos and updates. I am trying to get Tim to do a site for us too. Maybe next year. We all miss you so much.
Peggy
She is so precious! Good luck on the breast feeding, I finally got it with my last kid. It is not easy! Just stick with it....you'll get it eventually! Shan, you look amazing!
Congrats. Brooklyn is a beautiful girl. There's nothing like holding your brand new baby girl.
Post a Comment