Friday, June 5, 2009

Gift for Danny!


For several years Danny has asked me to make him a quilt out of his old racing/work shirts so we boxed them up kept adding to them and packed it everywhere we moved. Finally when my parents came to visit I gave the shirts to them to take home and as a surprise to Danny when I went to California the quilt was made. Since this was a project we had never done before it was an experiment. Thanks to help from Ursula (she made one for Randy first) we learned how to cut it out and lay it out. Then came my mom and Melinda to help put it together. It was a group effort. This could not have been done any other way. We spent all week working on it and when I left my mom was finishing the quilting and binding. There are things that we would probably do differently now that it is done, but I think it turned out great and so does Danny! I was going to wait until Father's Day, bit I was to excited! Thanks so much mom for all your hard work this would not have been completed without you.
Danny was so excited he sent out a picture text message to his friends and posted it on his facebook. Glad the hard work paid off.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Very cool! You Little's are very talented, Wish I could do that. Happy early Fathers day Danny.

Gramma Linda said...

What an "AWESOME" quilt and what a great idea! You Little's have the greatest ideas and with those ideas comes extraordinary workmanship.

Amy said...

That is seriously the coolest gift. What a good wife you are!