Thursday, February 18, 2010

Little Miss Independent

Our little Brooklyn Rose is getting so big and I don't mean just her belly! It seems like overnight she starts learning more and understanding more. She is SO independent she wants to do everything herself we are so in for it when she becomes a teenager.

Lately if I do something she does not like, she tries to tell me in her own language and stern voice, it is quite comical for now. She loves to feed herself, go to swim and practice bubbles and kicking in the tub, she is our little cuddle bug always willing to give kisses and hugs(which makes it hard to stay mad), likes to hold a pen and scribble on paper, loves to tease her mommy by touching her computer keyboard while shaking her head no, thinks it is funny when we get stern with her and put her in time out, starting to play dress up with whatever she can put on her head or around her neck and loves her stuffed puppy (Buttercup) and Monkey (Sparky) that her Uncle Mark gave her. Her few favorite words are da da, dog, and uh oh, this, that, light, and side (outside). She seems to have forgotten momma unless she is upset. She loves to be around people especially kids, loves to see dogs but is scared when they get near her, imitate you laughing, coughing and eats up attention which is a good thing because she gets a lot of it everywhere we go.

This week if we tell her its time to eat she will walk to the kitchen and go to the refrigerator to get her drink and go to her high chair. Tonight when I told her it was time for bed she gave her daddy kisses and walked down the hall making sure I followed her got a book to read, said our prayers, sang a song and was happy to snuggle with her puppy and go to bed. When we sing songs she hums along it is so dang cute.

Also new this week she decided she was done nursing after she bite me twice, yes OUCH! OK I got the hint, let go mommy and put me to bed. I am proud of myself for lasting almost 15 months considering it took me 2 months to get comfortable. I tried to give her cows milk at 12 months, but she was not interested unless it was daddy's chocolate protein shakes. Now she drinks milk a little better only in the morning and with a little Ovaltine ( Pediatrician Recommend this ). I guess my baby is officially growing up and not needing me as much.

Oh the picture above was after bath time she did not want to take her towel off even after I chased her down to get dressed. She would put it over her head to where she was not able to see and would run into the wall and get back up and do it again, crazy but we love her.

Well just a little update on our crazy lovable B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is just too cute, I cannot get enough of this blog! :)

Love,
Paige

Gramma Linda said...

How cute is B!! So sweet and what a personality!