Saturday, June 19, 2010

Start of a LONG trip..

to California or Bust! It is about 14-15hr drive from Boise to La Habra.  We started out going there for our good friends wedding that turned into Mark's graduation, Jason and Stephanies engagement party, Jack Birthday, Jeanette's Baby shower oh and visit people too. It was a full packed week, something that I do not want to do again. Brooklyn was a trooper I had no idea when we were starting this voyage since Danny has been really busy with work so Thursday we are eating lunch and he says, "let's just go now!" No I had not packed anything and B was taking a nap. So the crazy wife that I am started packing and by 5 we were loaded and in the car. We drove 10hrs straight to St. George, it was crazy by about 1am Brooklyn was ready to get out but she held on playing with Danny's I-phone the final half hour stretch.



We had things to bring back so we drove the truck, this was B's sleeping position feet up on the center console. She is an amazing traveler.
In the morning we got up had breakfast and played at the pool before heading out. We were planning on driving the rest of the way to Cali, but decided to stay Friday in Henderson, NV to spend some time with cousins Jason and Stephanie. They were still at work so we took a detour to the Valley of Fire National Park. It was pretty to drive though, but SO HOT!! No thank you cannot live in Vegas. How do you do it Amy?
 Turtle or Beehive Rock?

These were some crazy wild Mountain sheep/ram that were in the middle of a housing track in Henderson, near Jason's house. They come down from the mountain and eat the grass at the nearby park then hangout in the culdasac and graze on the neighbors yards before heading back up the mountain.
I was nervous thinking of an escape plan if they came after us, especially when this one was staring at us.
Heading back home.
B and cousin Jason after dinner.

1 comment:

Gramma Linda said...

Kudos to the Adair Family! 14-15 hours drive is along time with a toddler. Naturally, it's worth it when you get to see family and friends in California!