Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farwell and Tribute

Jeanette's favorite thing in each hotel.
All the bathroom signs were like these
Marissa most of the time we were in the car...LOL
 On Saturday it was GG ( Blakes Grandmother) funeral. So we decided to have a little service for her, could not of had it in a better setting. Marissa was having a really hard time not being home for the services, I think everytime she cried we all cried with her.
We sat along the river and told memories of GG. Marissa used to help clean her house and got to know her like a friend over the years so she had some great things to share.
She gathered some wild flowers and sent them down the river.It was off and on sprinkling and after she let the flowers go the sun came out,we all felt like she was there with us and pleased by her tribute.I am sorry for your loss Johnson family and wish that they could have been there with the family,but they were there with heart.
After being delayed in the airport for 6 hrs due to the volcano we finally got on the plane and were so excited to be going home. Doesn't Jeanette look excited? We of course missed our connecting flights and were up for over 24 hours but were relived to be going back to the states. We found out the next day that all flights going in and out were canceled. It was a great trip and am so grateful to Cherlyn and Blake for there generosity and glad that I got to experience other parts of the world. I don't think any of us have fully recovered since we have been back, but it was worth it. I hope I did not bore you with all the pics and you enjoyed some things. I will go back to updating on  Brooklyn cause that's what you really read this blog for. :)

1 comment:

Gramma Linda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Blake's family! It is so hard to lose a loved one!