
So the pictures are out of order, but you can figure it out. This is us after we picked the hottest day and time of day to go berry picking. About 20 minutes form us is a farm that you can go pick berries and other produce throughout the year. We got to pick Blackberries, it was an adventure.

This is when we learned to come better prepared next time. We were picking berries along the corn field with everyone else I saw a few ladies in the next row and a ton of berries. I thought we will get this done so much faster if we go over there. So I found an opening with B and the diaper bag in my hands stepped over saw some mud, but thought I was fine. NOT after I took another step and started sinking. I quickly handed Brooklyn over to Kristian who was still mud free on the other side of the vine. Since I was already muddy I decided to stay and pick as many berries as I could while trying to keep my flip flops on my feet and the mosquito's off my arms. It was the grosses feeling, mud squishing between my toes weighing my feet down, I figured I was giving myself a mud pedicure. Oh and yes I decided to wear a skirt that day, not the smartest obviously I never grew up on a farm and thought you should look cute to pick berries. Dork is what I call myself.

This is B and Kristian on the safe side of the vine. It was quite the adventure for us, but we got to enjoy some yummy fresh berries for days and only had a few bug bites. They are now frozen and used for smoothies, yum yum! It is definitely something that you should at least try once or twice when you are prepared of course.
Tips for Berry Picking1. Don't go when it is 98 degrees outside
2. Go in the early morning
3. Wear pants and long sleeves
4. Wear Bug Spray
5. Wear RAIN BOOTS ( we learned this from an experienced lady that had no problems in the mud)
6. Leave the 8 month old at home with dad (This might just be the best tip of the day!)
1 comment:
That looks like fun but HOT! I wish I could pay you to update my blog. Miss you guys....you have visited California so many times this past year that you might as well move back. It makes sense to me besides Brian misses his "baby" and Jack misses Broken. :)
Post a Comment