Monday, August 24, 2009

Rembering Grandpa Hugentobler

The Little Clan (minus Randy's family) at Grandpa's funeral
On July 30, 2009 my grandpa passed away. He lived to be 97 years old. Although we did not get to see him often he was a great man. He loved his family and raised them well. When Danny and I were trying to decide on a middle name for Brooklyn we looked through the family history book and learned a lot about Grandpa that we did not know. He moved around Idaho quite a bit before settling for a while in Boise then Mountain Home. He was an amazing sportsman and excellent farmer. He always worked hard to provide for his family and help others. He grew the best vegetable in his home garden. I loved the sweet peas and new potatoes. I feel grateful and blessed to have had such wonderful grandparents in my life, because of them I want to make sure my children have the opportunity to know and love there grandparents like I have. It is kind of a sad feeling knowing that they are all gone now, but I know they are happily reunited with each other and other family members that passed on before them. I bet grandpa is playing baseball in heaven.

We took Caleb with us to visit grandpa.
So this is not the happiest way to see grandpa ( as you can tell in the pictures above he does not look like the same man). When we went to Utah on our way to California we got the opportunity to visit Grandpa a week before he passed away. This was the first time he got to meet Brooklyn. He was not quite awake for most of our visit, but I know he knew we were there and was glad we visited him. Before we left I told him that Grandma was waiting for him and he perked up and told me I was a sweet girl. This will be a moment and a picture that I will always cherish. I am so glad that we saw him, B got to meet her great grandpa and I got to say goodbye one last time. I love you Grandpa and want to thank you for being such a generous man and for raising your daughter, Claudia, to be such a great woman and mother. You will be missed, but forever in our hearts.

No comments: