Monday, November 3, 2008

Day Trip

On Saturday Danny and I decided to take a drive to get out of the house while we still can and to have a change in scenery, so we drove up to Cascade Lake. The weather wasn't the greatest that day kinda rainy and gloomy skies, but still a nice drive. I thought I would share some of the pictures taken along the drive, especially with the California family who are still experiencing summer weather and probably have yet to see a leaf change color this fall.
One of the turn offs on the side of the road, we got out to walk around and stretch a little

Cascade Lake

I thought this was great, hard to see in the picture. A real cow in the middle of the road, so the road signs really are meant to watch out for livestock crossing!
This was the cow crossing safely so we could pass
This was cool, to many trees to get a good picture. It was a train that tourists can ride on along the river into the mountains. They had cars that you could stand outside and eat. Very Fun, something to do someday.

3 comments:

Marin and Matt said...

I am glad that you guys got out of town for a little while on Saturday. It is a pretty drive. I can't believe you actually saw a cow in the middle of the road. I have seen that once in Northern Idaho. The train does look like fun. We have been meaning to do it every year. Maybe next year...

The Casida Family- Todd, Jen, Nathan, Trevor and Madison said...

We'll definitely have to hit the train next time we visit! The pictures are beautiful! We actually had a cold spell today- it got down to the 70's-burrrrrr!

Amy said...

I think we have two seasons - dead and hot. Love your pictures!